although we have a few of our members celebrating their milestone 60th birthdays at this time (and big congratulations to you too) in celebration of Ellie’s 10th birthday (in weeks) we are pleased to announce a heads up for a NWP competition for March.
Prize 1: Complimentary meal and drink at a 2018 Adventure walk of your choice.
Prize 2: A Nordic Walking Preston hoodie
Prize 3, 4 and 5: A NWUK paw pouch and a NWUK zipper.
What will you have to do to participate ?
Simply log all the miles (or kms) you walk during the month of March (total miles). Attend as many NWP weekly walks and Adventure walk as possible to get as many Nordic walking miles under your belt.
At the end of March provide the Team with the total number of NWP walks you have attended, and your TOTAL walking miles (best to use an App like Strava or similar on your mobile device, although other methods accepted.
The Walk Leader and Social Committee Team will also be participating, but alas our mileage and walk totals will be for reference only.
This is a form of healthy competition to encourage you to increase your monthly walking to assist you IMPROVE your health and fitness. The effort you exert in March will assist you on your walks and challenges through the summer months, and generally go towards boosting your health, fitness, sleep, energy levels, mood and more.
Congratulations to all of you who have been upping your miles recently. Well done to Liz McGrath who entered the Blackpool Half Marathon today and came in with a great finish time of 2 hours 50 minutes. Excellent effort and an inspiration to those who are contemplating the Grasmere Gallop or other distance events (with medals) in the coming months.
Also congratulations and welcome to our latest Freedom Passport achievers for February: Malc, Neil, Julie, Brian, David, Marianne. Geoff and Gill have been learning in Haslam Park, Avenham Park and Astley Park this month. Well done. I am sure our regulars will be happy to walk and talk with you soon.
Please note that we have our Downham Adventure Walk next Sunday. Please book on as soon as possible if you would also like to attend lunch at the Assheton Arms (so that we can finalise the table booking and menu choices). Book your place here.
It is still February ! Join our NWP monthly membership this month
Our NWP monthly membership is £29.99. Included each month in this is:
1) Our regular calendar of weekly walks in Preston, South Ribble and Chorley
2) Access to 7 walk leaders
3) Access to a dedicated Social Committee
4) A minimum of one Adventure Walk per month
5) One complimentary walk with a NWUK Delivery Partner at any location across the country
6) High street discounts
7) Free access FB group for your own personal accountability and support of each other in the attainment of your health objectives. You can also ask any question in this group and I will give you my best advice, experience, awareness, knowledge, or contact to members of my extensive network of international health/fitness/wellbeing specialists.
8) Free access to the upcoming Earth walks, and other trainings or sessions we will put on this year
and especially for February:
9) A complimentary “Achieve your health goals” 30-minute consultation with Matt (skype/zoom/face-to-face), tailored to your needs, where we can discuss anything from nutrition, to movement, to mindset, to strategy, to advanced tips and tricks to accelerate your progress
ALL this applies to current monthly members, but also to anyone who signs up to the monthly membership during the course of February.
Text or PM me to arrange your consultation.
Here are your walks for this week:
Monday 18:45 – Chorley Wanderer – Astley Park
Tuesday 6:30 – Rising Stars – Moor Park Central
Tuesday 18:30 – Buckshaw Roamer – Buckshaw Tesco car park
Wednesday 18:15 – Evening Workout Walk – Haslam Park
Friday 9:30am – Matt’s Friday Roamer – Fishwick
Saturday 9:15 am – Rise and Shine – Avenham Park
Sunday 10:00am – Downham Adventure Walk – Downham
Have a fantastic week. All the best.
Not yet Nordic walking ?
All of our Nordic walkers are happy to tell you how much they enjoy the company and the benefits they are receiving from regular Nordic walking.
For written testimonials please visit this link.
For video testimonials please visit this link.
For more information about our Courses click here.
Browse the website for more information about Nordic walking.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call Matt on 07530 813225 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also available on Social Media:
Facebook: Nordic Walking Preston